Friday, October 24, 2008

We take aim at the dawning day, and we shoot

A couple of musical pointers for the weekend.

One of our favourite groups, The Mountain Goats, has made a new EP available online, Satanic Messiah. It's very nice. Very quiet. Very...autumnal.

It's to be had for free, but donations are welcome. My efforts to donate the requested $6.66 failed, for reasons I don't understand, because the Google payment thing wouldn't accept my real international phone number. I tried!

Some kind of anti-German prejudice, for sure.

Secondly, John Darnielle, the main dude behind The Mountain Goats, has also released another song online with Kaki King, 'Thank You Mario But Our Princess Is in Another Castle'.

Enjoy.

And for those who seek more immediate pleasures...here's an older song.

2 comments:

Francis Sedgemore said...

"Satanic Messiah. It's very nice. Very quiet. Very...autumnal."

Do we require an irony filter plugin here?

JCWood said...

For a change, actually, no.

But I understand that Firefox has been working on an improved irony filter plug-in that will soon be available. I am concerned about what this might mean for readers of this blog...