Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Music: From the Sublime to the Ridiculous

No time, no mind to write. I'm too busy and preoccupied. Why do days only have 24 hours? Why is there always too much work to do? Why is my mind a sad heap of everything?

Have some music instead.

Heard this on the radio on my way to work and found it vaguely intriguing:



Soap & Skin, "Spiracle."

Which was oddly offset by the instant-depressant I heard on the radio on my way home. Yes, the 'eighties were a shit time, not least because video killed the radio star gave B-glamrock combos plenty of opportunity to pretend they were Fritz Lang:



Styx, "Mr. Roboto."

I'm sorry.

Also about this:



Olli Schulz und der Hund Marie, "Mach den Bibo."

I tend to like Olli Schulz, who has a knack for clever tunes and is on the whole nicely sarcastic, but I really don't know what this is all about.

No comments: