Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In the burning fuselage of my days

Somehow I missed the fact that, back in October, the Mountain Goats made an appearance on the Colbert Report. This was in connection with their new album The Life of the World to Come, which is excellent and more than a little unsettling.

This song is a pretty good sample of why, on both counts.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Mountain Goats - Psalms 40:2
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorU.S. Speedskating


The Mountain Goats, 'Psalms 40:2' (Which reads: 'He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.')

I can think of worse ways to mark the 1,000th post of this here humble blog.

Enjoy.

(Via Decibel.)

[UPDATE] I see that Pitchfork has an interesting interview with John Darnielle about the new album.

2 comments:

Dale said...

And a very fine 1,000 posts it has been. Well done!

I missed the Mountain Goats on Colbert too. I don't know about you, but I have an uncanny knack to miss exactly the episodes of that show I wish I hadn't. It's a good thing we have the internets.

JCWood said...

Thanks Dale, that's very kind. Very much likewise.

Being this far from Colbert country means that the intertubes are essentially my only source for a lot of TV. And, you know, I don't even have to watch everything, just the highlights.

This is much more efficient than the bad old days of having to watch entire shows at the specific time that they were broadcast.

I mean...what was that all about?

The past: it is a foreign country indeed.